Originally Posted By: Frank1
cfish2:
 Quote:
Tell me this Frank. If you only had a 38 special and wanted to kill a Moose with a handgun and no one ever advertised that they built larger guns then the 38 special, then how are you suppoe to know that there is anything other then a 38 special? Because there are so few handgun hunters out there how else is a manufacturer or other hunters for that matter supposed to get information about the sport? Word of mouth isn't always the best way for word to get passed around.

They need to do what I did and read internet forums. That's what generated my interest. No advertising or promotions got me interested. But go ahead and commercialize it. It's somebody's right. If they want to commit the money, then go for it. The question was open, "Promotion of handgun hunting - in favor or not?" I live out in California. The hunters far outnumber the animals in my region.

Do I want promotion of hunting? What would that do? I can see how advertisers would benefit. Maybe the advertisers would like to promote hunting in Spanish so when the illegals are given amnesty, they'll take up the hobby and that'll be more money for the advertisers. But what good would that do?

Frank, internet forums are just another form of advertising. And had it not been for folks starting handgun hunting and posting their success( IE Advertising) folks like you would not have come to the sport. Word of mouth is one form of the sales tools out there and that is a major form of advertising. If interest isn't shown in a sport then manufacturers won't go out of their way to develp new guns or improve on old guns. Not to mention bullet development. Ya I get tired of the constant bombardment of the latest and greatest whatever is being produced. You don't see gun adds on TV only on cable gun shows and in gun magazines. If their isn't advertisement then no gunshows or magazines will succeed and information will not makes it way to the shooting world. Its a bit of a catch 22 Frank. Advertising is needed in order to get the word out. Again this forum is a form of advertisement.

Last edited by cfish2; 07/12/2012 11:49 AM.

Life Member NAHC
HHI Member #7149
NRA Member