Originally Posted By: Gary
I sort of covered that in an earlier post but yes, it went no where and if the Outdoor Channel can't get something off the ground then what chance does the regular guy have. Air time for 13 episodes (2 years ago) was roughly $250,000 and you can figure another large chunk for production expenses. So being realistic, who what's to cough up $350,000 for a show with no sponsors. And by the way you can't get a TV show with no advertising because the network has their own set of advertisers that get time on "your" show. A 30 min. show has about 15 minutes of actual content and 15 min. of advertising.

Go figure, nobody wants to watch a handgun hunting show pursuing big game with a "Little Gun" but seems like everybody wants to watch a turkey show with shotguns or another tree-stand Black Powder or Archery or centerfire rifle deer bang. Not cutting those shows down; just making an observation; actually the observation in reality is already made by advertising $$$ and by what is on the air.

I will add one more time: GO FIGURE???

It just doesn't make any sense to me; but that is just me.

PS: What happened to people (and in this case HUNTERS, who are the "good guys," right?) wanting DIVERSITY, or CHANGE OF SCENERY, or maybe even a little "ORIGINALITY?" Or maybe (dare I say it) a bit more "CHALLENGE?"