There have been alot of great points brought up here in this very thought provoking thread, and I am no where near where the vast majority who have posted are in terms of my handgun hunting career, but I will add my humble opinion.

I started hunting for the challenge way back when, and like said earlier, I don't need the meat to survive, (though I love serving well cooked wild game to friends who swear its the best they've ever had). I hunt now with a handgun because I wanted the increased challenge, but my biggest fear is failure. I've read everybody's posts and books on the subject and cringe at the idea of going off to some foreign land on a paid hunt because of that fear of failure. I'm getting over it, but its taken time.

I see my hunting friends falling into that same gorge, afraid of not being able to pull off the shot with a handgun. This is especially true with the continued promotion of trophy management/hunting. I shot a nice whitetail buck last year with a Colt SAA and haven't been so giddy since, I can't remember. BUT, the first thing out of my buddies' mouths, "What does he score?" What a bummer. I have the European mount in my office and proudly tell the story every week at least twice, that's my promotion. I've given up on my core group, for now, as they want a Booner only, no matter.

Short story long, I say promote it. If I become indepently wealthy someday, I will do a handgun hunting only show, but it might be a year or two.