Pythonhunter,

I will share a short story with you that will hopefully reenforce your feelings about "your core group." I have a close friend (who lives in Ohio). He is a better shot with his eyes closed than I am with mine open (He is a former competitive shooter). He has killed more animals than I can count. IMHO, he is an expert with a handgun. Many on this forum know him personally.

We have a little get-together & hunt every September at the Y O Ranch here in Texas. My friend's attitude is: "Come hunt with us. Bring whatever you want to. I do not care if it is a slingshot." We have had rifle hunters and bow hunters hunt with our "handgun" group, young and old, those that can afford the hunt and others that stuggle to be there, meat hunters & those that look only for the antlers. However, everyone has a good time.

The satisfaction from bagging an animal is personal. The animal may be a booner or not, but the experience is what is really important. I am nearing the end of my hunting career. I care less and less about "shooting one." However, I would not miss the trip, the hunt, the experience with my good friends. I can get very picky about what I shoot, since I do not really care if I shoot one or not -- often time "not" is really better for me. LOL

Last edited by wtroper; 07/13/2012 4:19 PM.

It's more important where you hit 'em, than what you hit 'em with.