My name is Tom. I'm new to the forum and joined roughly 48 hours before the big wind storm hit here in Virginia that knocked my power out for 11 days. Managed to post a little before it went down but have been silent since.

I've been hunting for eight years and handgun hunting for three. I was back woods still hunting with my .30-30 and ended up with a doe at 15 yards and my rifle out of reach (I know - I know - don't ask). I carry a GP100 with BB 180 grain cast core for my trail gun and dispatched the doe with it.

I was immediately hooked. I have since bought a Performance Center 629 for hunting and killed two deer with it (beginners luck). My .30-30 has been collecting dust since (rifle out of reach - destiny?).

I have allot to learn about hand gun hunting and really like this forum. I'm going to try and not be just a lurking slug. Before my power went out, I posted a picture of my longest kill-shot with a handgun (78 yrd heart shot) and was really encouraged with the friendly responses. Thanks for that! First handgun kill with GP100 on the bragging board.