CFish - I didn't inspect the liver - this time of year when it's hot, I'll zip them down the backbone, pull the loins, roll them to one side, bone out the ham, cut out the shoulder, and flip to the other side. I can have the pig on ice in no time (and faster than if I hung it and shucked it like a deer).

Rod - we've got to be careful with brucellosis in the feral hog population. (Which reminds me - I'm all out of latex gloves in the truck.) Two years ago, we had a group of USDA guys come in to sample the population. They trapped and shot them, drew blood samples direct out of the heart, removed the eyes, etc. No cases documented, fortunately. They also rolled around with Night Vision and Thermal scopes on suppressed AR's whacking swine. Not a bad gig, huh?

Kyode - NC and SC regulations do not limit the number of hogs that can be taken. The club that I was hunting today allows us to take 7/member, but this is a loose regulation. We've got a lot of hogs...and the population is getting larger. But I'm doing my part
;\)