Prior to 2000 you could not have given me a Glock and if someone would have I would have used it for trading stock. In the summer of 2000 I spent 8 weeks in Pierre SD at the Law Enforcement Training Center. During firearms week I had my eyes opened a bit regarding Glocks.

There were roughly 35 Officers shooting Glocks. During the course of that week each officer put roughly 1000 rounds through each handgun. The one thing that became very apparent is that about 90% of these officers didn't have a clue how to clean and lube a handgun but I never once saw a Glock stoppage on the line, period. Not one single hickup. I still resisted but a few years later I traded for a used Glock Gen 2 Model 21 .45 ACP.

I shot that Glock for a few years and one day round a Kimber Model BP TEN II Polymer Frame, Double Stack Magazine 1911 and traded off my Glock Gen 2 Model 21 .45 ACP. What a mistake. That Kimber wouldn't shoot a 50 round course of fire without a stoppage of some sort or another. I fought with the Kimber for a few years and literally had everything on the inside of the Kimber polished to a mirror shine but still no luck. Utlimately I got smart and ended up selling the Kimber and acquiring another Glock Model 21 .45 ACP.

Since then I have acquired two more Glock Handguns a Model 26 9mm and more recently a Model 22 .40 S&W (which I have a Storm Lake Glock Model 22 9mm Conversion Barrel for).

I too am considering converting my Glock Model 21 .45 ACP to shoot .45 Supers. I found a couple articles on what is needed and what is not, so I may well be joining the ranks of someone that hunts with a Glock. The one thing I have learned about Glocks is that they are super easy to customize and they shoot every time. No they may not be pretty to look at but when in a holster it doesn't matter.

Larry

Last edited by Larry in SD; 07/29/2012 2:51 PM.

T/C Handguns, One good shot for your moment of truth !