Intersesting on the reports of the 200. In looking at the velocity performance chart from Hornady, the 200 has the lowest velocity window (700 fps) of all of the acp bullets. So one might conclude it has the thinner jacket design. But it is rated the same as the 230 at the top, 1250 so maybe the jacket is designed thinner at the nose and thicker near the bottem (relatively speaking). If the nose area gets folded back quicker, I could see where this might enhance penetration.

If you do try the Barnes, prepare yourself for one surprise. The base of the bullet is a few thou narrower than the widest spot at the crimp area. You will need some cases that have almost no flare. If you flare a case for a nominal .451 type bullet, when you drop the barnes in, it will "fall" in a pretty long distance ;^) In all my years of reloading, I have never seen a bullet with this type of taper ;^) I checked boxes that I got from a couple of different sources, and they are all this way. But no problems with neck tension and bullet setback. I am using an OAL of 1.235, and they feed like butter in my Colt.

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred