Reflex,

If it were not for the comp on my 1911, I would absolutely be running the 225 Beartooth. I do not have problems with lead on the ports per se, but the area between the crown and the comp threads is a pain to clean ;^)

In my testing with a lot of bullets in my Rowland, the Beartooth 225 really penetrated well in my wet print testing. And the hole through the wet print was very nice looking. The flat nose, while not as nice as a WFN or LFN does make a reasonable sized hole in wet paper. Never had any significant leading issue at all, even though the amount of lube looks a little "light". I bet you are going to like this bullet.

Along the same lines, right now the most accurate bullet I am finding in my Super testing is the Nosler 230 FMJ FP. It actually shoots better than the XTP's. But, technically it might be illegal to hunt with as it is a FMJ. Second but, the base is exposed so perhaps not technically FULL metal jacket. Third but, it is almost identical to the Beartooth 225 in profile and shape. It is an fmj, but in my hard pack, it penetrated very well, and the flat dose does move some material. It is a long way from ball, and will likley be in my gun when I am thinking bear defense. I need to do a bit more testing with it, to see how the core holds up. What I need is for someone to slap the Nosler jacket on the Beartooth bullet ;^) Flat nose, hard core and jacketed.....

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred