I got my first handgun buck this morning! It was a decent 9 pt, not boone&crockett material, but a trophy to me just the same.
Equipment - Ruger SBHH, 44mag , with Burris Fastfire III, shooting factory loaded Hornady 300gr XTP.
Conditions - 45 degrees, overcast, heavy breeze at times.
Now the story........ After an unsuccessful hunt Saturday, I changed stands and hunted a different spot this morning. The deer walked out at 8:40am, and was apparently equipped with some new type of "red dot repellent " force field, because he caused my dot to wobble all over the place!! That never happened in any of my practice sessions, as the dot has always been relatively steady and solid. Lol!! Anyway, I managed to get myself calmed down, and squeezed the trigger slowly. He bucked and ran 20 yds, and fell. It was over. Distance to target, was 80 yds. I was blessed this morning with a nice one, for my first handgun buck. A few pics are uploaded to the bragging board if y'all wanna see. Thanks to all those who've offered help, advice, and answered my million questions over the past yr. I know now, why this is an addiction! I'll be back in the woods next weekend, with 44 in hand.