Originally Posted By: raptortrapper
I was the same way. I did the archery tournaments, worked in a bow shop, and hunted only archery for well over 20 years. Shot many deer, elk, and bears, but I got burned out on archery after the guys at the tournaments started taking everything so seriously instead of just having a good time. It became a "money game" like everything else when it gets popular. That, in turn, took the fun out of anything having to do with a bow.

I went rifle hunting one season, and that was to easy. Switched to revolvers the next year, and it is a great compromise between short distance bows (50 yards or so) and long range rifles (200 yds +). I love it, and have never looked back. You will also start a second hobby with this-- reloading!! They tell you its cheaper if ya reload, but don't believe it. You will shoot up the money you save anyway! You just get to shoot a lot more for the same ammount of money.

Oh, and don't worry, if ya decide you don't like stainless afterall, your SECOND one can always go back to being a blued one. You WILL have more than one!!!

ya shot alot of 3-d in the begining, but now its all hunting. i bow hunt and gun hunt to get as much time in the woods as i can.these bow hunters that look down on gun hunters and gun hunters that look down on bow hunters,really have no clue.to me its fun hunting with bow and gun.my goal is to take a trophy buck with my revolver,870 and i have one with my bow.how cool would that be 3 trophys with 3 weapons.