I had a Great time! Although we couldn't find my hog, we looked Hard. But I did have the opportunity to bring home the bacon.

Cottonstalk can sure follow a blood trail..(thanks Larry!) He will carry the briar marks on his arms as proof of his efforts for Months.

A possum may not be much of a trophy to many of you...but I tell you, I have never even seen a possum in my life. So to travel clear accross the country and have the chance to harvest a new species with my handgun was very exciting!. I had to laugh at myself as I got as excited to see and shoot my "Trophy Possum" as I got on my last bull elk. And I wouldn't have traded the shot for 10 whitetail bucks.

Got to shoot a few of Whit's BigBores...Wow is that 500Max a nice gun!!

I brought my 3 3/4" Lipsey Bisley and Whit proceeded to sit down and shoot the little steel dimond 4 out of his fist 6 shots with it, at 100yards! (from his knees, no bench) The Diamond shaped plate was not much bigger than a piece of typing paper, and half of it was stuck in the dirt.

Here is a few of my pics..(My camera quit working)

My Possum, shot at 50yards with my 44mag, Bisley SBHH, 270gr.GCHP hardcast over 25gr H110. Yep got full penitration..lol

The Swamps

The view from my stand.

The meat pole and our racing pigeon friend.

Last, but not least...those wicked, nasty, thorn-vine briars.

Mister, why do you carry a 45? "Because Sam Colt don't make a 46."