Look forward to the pic Whit. Sounds like a weird deal, don't know that I e ever seen that. That damn Murphy
\:\)

I would like to add one little thing. Y'all were talking about the guaranteed kill thing earlier. Having taken a substantial amount of pigs in my lifetime, 98% of them in my younger days and always in the riverbottoms and swamps near my hometown in MS, I've personally found that some of my most challenging hunts were on a "guaranteed" preserve in the past few years while wanting to test new bullets or guns. I've left many times kicking horse turds as Sixshot would say and so have my buddies. So the guarantee is usually not for sure in a lot of those spots. I'm sure you could sit by a feeder or whatever and do well but slipping through the trees and bottoms looking can leave you hot miserable and happy all the same. Not all preserves are equal. Depending on terrain, weather etc, they can beat you down. I enjoy just getting together with buddies and having a good time. The pigs are just icing on the cake. You need to know one thing before you go to a place like that. The hunt is what YOU make of it in my opinion. Wild hogs are great. I've killed them with everything from 22 pistols to 22 rifles to bows, knives and our favorite big bores. Mainly, it was because it was what I had with me when I saw them. Memorable ones were with Glock 19 and glock 21. Back then, I was out a lot and had a lot of time to find them. Now days, time is a premium and very short so preserves are a good way to spend time with buddies and test new toys etc. for a beginner in this new venture of handgun hunting, I would say they would offer a chance to garner confidence in your weapon. Nothing like watching that first one buckle when a big slug finds its mark. All I'm saying in a very LONG way is don't poopoo them off. There is a lot you can learn from just going and having a good time. It's just pigs, not a record book moose or something
\:\)
whatever you do, just have fun!

Last edited by GlennS; 01/27/2013 3:59 AM.

"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt"