Originally Posted By: Whitworth
Glenn, I have lived in many parts of the south where the hog populations are prolific and have killed more than my share. Eventually most of the US will have a wild hog problem -- there are two kinds of places: Places with wild hogs and places that will have wild hogs! When I was an editor at Boar Hunter magazine, that's almost all I hunted year 'round. You are right, not all preserves are created equally. One of the toughest "hunts" I had was on a rather small preserve. The animals were under a lot of pressure and spooky as a result. Unlike most wild hogs, they were silent and just kind of showed up like deer. That said, I knew I would eventually catch up with them as there were physical boundaries prevent them from going too far. I love a challenge, but again, all preserves aren't created equally as you pointed out. For me, a preserve is actually better for my purposes as I have to test for editorial. But again, I really like challenges and sometimes you strike out as there are many factors affecting hog movement and when they aren't penned in, you may or may not have success. Just a fact of life and hunting.

I was wondering if feral hogs will ever make it to New England( Connecticut,Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine) ?