I for one dont see a bit of difference bw the 45 colt and 44 mag and i could just absolutely care less on the difference bw the two. Its so far downfrom the psi the modern guns can handle i really could care less. I have a 10" 454 fa83 that has digested 20 years plus of ammo including thousands of the old triplex loads and its still as tight as it was the day i got it so theres nothing a 44 mag's pressure is gonna do to affect a gun that would make me feel as though i needed a lower pressure round. I am a firm believer that velocity does alot when it comes to actual wound channels. A few of this forums most esteemed members have pointed to the beartooth bullets wound channel calculator on that site and if ya go there plug in some numbers and the results are quite interesting. That said. We can argue bigger or faster. However when the round is bigger and faster then ya got an advantage there. The prime locale ive hunted that power beyond a 44 was welcomed was our POW blackbear hunt. Ya had to lnock them down quick to keep em from getting into the vegetation off the beach. Our guide basically told us if it hits the trees its gone. We were glad to have 475's and 454's

Mountain. I think you'll find the doubletap 225 gr 44 mag barnes to be quite to your liking. Expands to .8" and just lays a wound channel in the vitals thAt is beyond impressive. Kills very quickly. If youre looking for a round that will make ya really not look further than the 44 mag in northamerica that one is it