I recently bought a Ruger Super Redhawk 44Mag.

Let me just say WOW!! What a gun. A little more snap than my Baikal IZH 35M 22 target pistol. I bought it to hunt with. The places I hunt rarely afford me a shoot over 75 yards. The Ruger SRH 44mag seemed like a good choice from what I've read. Anyhow I’ve shot about 70 rounds thought it in three days. This has leaded me to the decision that I need new grips. My Baikal has hardwood grips that I’ve customized with wood putty to fit my hand. I think this method would be too rough on my hand and wouldn’t hold up well it the weather. Hogue makes a formed rubber grip. Has anybody used them? I was curious how they stay in place. I saw a picture and it didn’t have a screw thought it like the stock grip. If anyone has any other suggestion I would like to hear them.

Has anybody used the SRH 44mag for hunting? I plan on using it as my main white tail hunting weapon in upstate NY. I might also try wild boar hunting in VT. As I have said where I hunt most of my shoots are less than 100 yards. Barnes has a completely copper bullet called the XBT. If you read all their hype it sounds like a great round. Has anybody tried it? At about $1 each they are kind of pricey. I would like to here some pros and cons before I shell out that kind of cash. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Well happy hunting!!

Remember, gun control is hitting what you aim at!! So practice shooting as much as you can but WORK at safety!!

John