IMO, they are very safe loads. Buffalo Bore sells 255 grain cast loads zipping along at 950/965fps using a stock 1911 but caution folks not to make a steady diet of those loads with stock components, as the 1911 will "loosen up" after a while.

I'm using an 18.5# progressive Wolff recoil spring with a buffer. I use a buffer on everything (even target loads), so it's not like I use a buffer just for the heavies.

My Baer PII calls for a 18.5# spring and I have found that to be adequate for the 230 grain loads. Moving up to the 265 grain loads I went to 20# recoil spring but the brass still kicked out 10/12 feet with the heaviest load and I did use 45 ACP Super brass for those 265 grain loads just for a little extra insurance (peace of mind).

I use starline 45 ACP +P brass for my heavy 230 grain loads jus cus. I use to use regular brass for all my heavy 45 ACP reloads but when I first saw the +P brass become available I just moved up because it was available, not that I felt I "needed" it, so that's been my main brass for the past couple of years.

My one Baer really likes the 7.5 grains of VV N350 with the 230 grain Gold Dot, so that is my walking around load.