Hey folks,

I don't post a lot on here, but frequent the threads now and then.

Anyway, I thought I would post a pic of my latest hunt. I moved a little over a year ago to mid Georgia for my work and haven't joined a place to hunt down here until next year, so I went back home to Kentucky for the deer opener. I've been hunting on a friends 465 acres for the past 10yrs. or so. Opening morning broke in the upper 30's and windy. Luckily the wind was right for my little "honey hole". I saw 4 bucks ranging from button to a small 8 pointer before 11am., all giving me time to evaluate them for size. At noon, while munching on a snack and texting my wife in GA., this buck came trotting by at 70yds. on a mission. I pitched the phone and drew the Ruger in time to see a profile of good sized deer with, what I thought was a tall fairly heavy rack. He turned and gave me a quartering away shot to the left rib cage. I gave him a Nosler 250gr. Partition over ww296 from the .44mag. and he went down within 20yds. He was a typical three yr. old 9 pointer for this area, missing one of his brow tines and a broken G2 and scars on his back from fighting. He was far from my best deer taken on this farm, but for a now "out of stater" I'll take it.
This buck was the 11th buck I've taken out of this two acre ravine I call the "honey hole", and the 31st. deer taken with this Ruger SBH Hunter. I love handgun hunting and taken whitetails...