One thing to look at if you are a smaller guy is that the Encore is wide, more so with wood grips, at the thumb knuckle area. With the heavy hitters (.270 & .454 for me) that can beat up the bone of the thumb, where a more narrow gun s/w or ruger .44 fits in the web of the thumb/hand better. Of the two, the .454 is more punishing in mine, but both are fun. And you can't beat the cost. I picked up my contender used, but just barely, with a scope already sited in, in .270win for $400 about 3 years back. The Casull barrel was $125 with iron sites. Hard to find, yes, but real bargins when you do. Haunt those little pawn shops and gun stores, and don't be afraid to offer well below his asking price. Guns are scarce, but so are costomers on these guns, so he may have sat on it awhile. Nothing worse that him jumping at your offer. That happend with the .454. He was asking 170, I offered 125. He said 'um, ok. Anything else?' 'ah, yea, guess I need some ammo now :-)'
I would lean towards the .30-30 since you already have that gun/round. I like doubleing up on ammo.

Happy and safe hunting,
Dogsbreath