Good evening everyone. I have the chance to buy a Competitor pistol with four barrels and all loading necessities. The barrels range from 22BR, 22-250 AI, 6.5 Rem Mag, and a .458x2" American. I am very interested in the 6.5 and the 22-250 AI, and would possibly use the .458 every now and then. My questions are as followed:

What is the good, bad and ugly of these pistols? All I know is that they are an improvement over the Lone Eagle and most of what I have read has been positive.

Is the Competitor Corp. still in business? I know they don't sell complete pistols any more, but have heard they still make barrels and parts. I called their number over the weekend and got a "busy" signal. I don't want a gun I can't get parts for.

If I want to sell a barrel or two, is there a market for them? Do any of you guys shoot them?

Anything else you can tell me? I love my T/C's but I am looking for a pistol that is more balanced in the hand. The T/C as you know is a long pistol and not very balanced. That being said I would never give up my .375 JDJ, but I would like a few new toys.

Thanks,

Brenden