Wild,

If you do a little poking on older posts here, we have had more than a few discussions.

I am an avid 460 fan, having converted scads of 1911's. I got into the 45 Super a year or so ago, and am actually preferring the Super.

I think the only upside to the 460 is not being able to chamber it in a standard 45 acp gun that is not rated or set-up for the Rowland. This is not a minor consideration, but for many not critical. The brass is basically the same between the two, made by the same company, and about the same availability. A wash.

I find that the longer Rowland brass can actually be a problem in guns with magazines. As the oal of the mag sets the max cartridge OAL, this can work against you with some bullets. Some 230's and most that are heavier. For the amount and type of powder that is suitable, case volume is of no concern as a comparison.

I picked up a N frame S&W earlier this year, a 625 PC in 45 acp, and am going to town with Supers right now. These revolvers have been chambered for the 460, but no way I am going to do that. I have a reamer and could, but I see no reason.

I could go on and on.......

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred