Rod,

The brake is essential for the 1911 platform, in my experience of shearing one barrel lug without brake ;^) And I like the Clark compensated 45 acp barrel for the same reasons in the 1911 with fast stepping supers. Hint, hint, any 1911 barrel can be converted to a Rowland with a simple reamer operation. I mention this as it would be possible to have a ramped compensated barrel for example from another maker. I have reamed a couple of Clark standard 45 acp barrels and end up with a Rowland twin. Same everything, including throating, link, etc.

There are so many guns running supers and Rowlands now, I think it not so much a situation where the Rowland requires the brake, as much as possibly the platform. I would not think my 625 revolver would in any way benefit from a brake, unless I was trying to get split times down......I took a quick look at the MPA 10. It looks like a straight blowback? Might be a candidate for upgraded springs ;^) I would be worried with straight blowback of possibly blowing a casehead.

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred