Pab,

I think I understand your question. I have owned and shoot a 445 SM for the past 3-4 years. Mine is a Super 14 factory Contender barrel.

While I can't say what the pressures are, I can provide you with my data, reloading data sources and my experience. I bought it with elk at timber distances in mind, so my data reflects that interest. I have used 296 and 680 (yep, still have some) with Sierra 250s, Nosler 250s (Partitions), Sierra 300s and Cast Preformance 300 WFNGCs. The 250s get up to 1900+ fps. The 300s (Lead) are at 1750 fps (the load I favor) and the SPs get to 1675 fps. All of the above are easily achieved with published data. Pressures appear normal with easy extraction.

Data: Sierra's newest still lists the 445 data as does Hornady (email me if you don't have access to these, I'll forward what I can). Hodgdon's reloading magazine also has published data. All of this data is developed for the Dan Wesson so velocity is higher with a TC.

Overall, I like the round. I'd really like to shoot a big bull with it. I think the above data shows it to be very close to a 45-70. IMHO, if smaller game is your target, there's no sense in the 445. I say that because I just can't believe a 44 Mag won't kill deer/bear as dead. Further, 445 SM recoil is fierce, twice (?) as much as my 375 JDJ but I admit to being a recoil whinney.

Some say you can shoot 44 spl and mags in it as well. I have never done this.

Hope this helps

DanS