In my opinion of course.
Inferior to a Revolver? NO.
More complicated than a Revolver? YES & NO.

In this day and age of match grade barrels and all sorts of way to accurize a Semi Auto I believe than can be the equal of any Revolver. However typically with both types of handguns box stock I would have to say that in my experience the accuracy would favor the revolver.

With the exception of the 10mm Auto and some of the +P .45 ACP loads a revolver can be chambered for a wider array of hunting suitable cartridges. Granted there are exceptions to this considering the Coonan Arms .357 Magnum, the Grizzly LAR chambered for the .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum and .45 Winchester Magnum as well as the Desert Eagle in it's various chamberings.

I for one carry either a Glock 21SF or Glock 36 .45 ACP on a daily basis. In the Glock 21SF I have and do use the Remington 185gr. +P JHP Ammo. I have carried it for several years but have yet to harvest a Whitetail with it while hunting. However I have dispatched several wounded Whitetails while working over the years. In my experience with the Remington 185gr. +P JHP's or a equivalent velocity handload using the 185gr. Nosler JHP I feel this cartridge with this load to be AT LEAST as effective as anything I have ever fired out of a .357 Magnum Revolver.

When handgun hunting for Whitetail Deer I NEVER go with just one handgun. I hunt in too much varied terrain and cover to do that. I typically carry an open sighted handgun as well as a scoped sighted handgun if I am hunting with only handguns. Actually when hunting with a Scoped Rifle I too carry an open sighted handgun.

In my opinion for the average hunter that wants to hunt with a Handgun it is just simply easier to go buy a revolver and set out to hunt with it. In this day and age in which every one is so busy that is just the way it is for a lot of hunters. But then Handgun Hunters are not your average hunting either.

Larry

T/C Handguns, One good shot for your moment of truth !