Haven't posted here in a long while but pop in a read a awhile when I can. I'm interested in potentially using cut down 460 brass in my 454 to get away from using the small rifle primer if I can. I've had a couple failures in the past with primer ignition (I think it was the gun spring-wise in all fairness) and would like to think that there is potentially greater reliability to be had using the LPP or LMPP. I'm sure someone on here has tried this and I would think with success?
I would think that if the 460 can operate safely with one given the pressures that the 454 can do the same easily. I don't like the thought of cutting primer pockets either. I'm all set there. Too much BS. Most 454 loads today never see the 65k pressures anyway to have to worry about the primer popping. I don't load that high since I like to keep the bullets in the gun until I pull the trigger for said round. Bullet that jump crimp are no fun IMO. How come no one makes the 454 brass with PP size pockets now that I think about it... I'm sure people would buy them and not go back to the SRP. Rambling over.
Thanks in advance!