Might as well post another pic of mine. Here's my 45 Colt BisHunter/Wyo Combo Holster in the Brooks Range on a walk-in Dall Sheep hunt 2 years ago. Couldn't quite close the gap on a ram. 277yds out, no more cover, my partner shot the ram with his 270. At least we packed home sheep! Still trying to connect on moose, bear or sheep. One of these days!

The 45 Colt Hunters were a special run commissioned by Lipseys. Mine is one of the first run.

http://www.lipseysguns.com/post/Ruger-Super-Blackhawk-Hunter-Bisley-45-Colt.aspx

Here is some other info I found on the net a few years back. It's an email response someone got from Lipseys.~~~~~~
Reply from Jason Cloessner @ Lipseys regarding my 45 Hunter :

"We indeed have those guns commissioned by Ruger. They sold extremely well. There were two models, one with the standard Super Blackhawk gripframe and one with the Bisley gripframe. There were a total of 603 of the standard ones made and 279 of the Bisley models. The odd numbers are a result of overruns of parts and we decided to use them for the extra units. One interesting piece of Ruger trivia is that to my knowledge it is the only 45LC that Ruger made with non-fluted and/or non-engraved cylinders. Enjoy your new gun, its about the perfect all-around hunting revolver made."

Jason

Last edited by Snyd; 11/06/2014 6:00 AM.