Here's my video set up. Well, a couple of them at least:

Setup #1: Sony Handycam DCR-SX85 Camera and a basic tripod I got from Wal-Mart, with a bit of camouflage duct tape to cover some of the more reflective areas.

This is what I use most often when hunting solo. The tripod is very steady, and it leaves my hands free when I need to make a shot. This camera has an impressive 70x zoom capability, which means I can capture decent video of game at ranges in excess of 300 yards.

Setup #2: Sony Handycam DCR-SX85 and a monopod.

If I'm going to be accompanying someone hunting and focus solely on filming, I use the Handycam and monopod. It's not quite as stable as the tripod, but it's much lighter and much less bulky, making it a better choice for crowded tree stands or ground blinds.

Setup #3: Midland XTC-100 action camera with a bicycle handlebar mount.

This is my action camera, which I place on long guns, my crossbow, and my compound bow. While not nearly as good as a Go-Pro, it still serves its purpose. None of the mounts are particularly suited for these types of setups, but I make them work. It takes a few seconds for the camera to start recording once turned on, but I've captured some neat duck hunting and clay shooting footage with it on my shotgun.

Formerly TN Lone Wolf

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling