Ok folks,

Here's the dilemma, I have a colt bisley, custom cut barrel to 5" and such. It is currently six shot 45 colt. I'm wondering if I should leave it alone, have it converted to five shot or scrap the 45 and have a 500 built. Not recoil shy and have shot the heaviest hitters in rifles and revolvers and target shoot with my .458 win mag. The brain cell that was afraid of recoil died years ago so that's not a factor. I like the 475 also so that's an option, but I kinda like the thought of the 500 plus less pressure so it will help with the longevity of the revolver.

I will use it for shooting fun, deer hunting, black bear here in Maine, grizzly protection in Alaska next year and a bison hunt next October and maybe in a few years if the Ebola crisis fades, a trip to Africa. I know the colt is capable of most everything with 360 grainers in my six shot at 1100 fps but I like the thought of a 525 grain bullet and more whack.

Last question is who to have build it. Gary reeder I know quite well and seems to do nice work but never shot a gun he's built. Linebaugh is quite good as well as Bowen but both have long waits. Also, they are more expensive. Does anyone here have a reeder gun and if so, what do you think of it?

Sean R. Kerr