And don't forget about John Gallagher. In fact, I believe he makes octagon barrels for Bowen and Clements. The ones with machined in sight base and ERH lug.

X-Frames... I have a good friend who is also my Pastor and Sheep Hunting Partner. He has a 460 X-Frame, 5ish inch barrel. He's got a nice shoulder/chest rig for it and every time I've been with him hiking, fishing or berry picking in bear country with our wives, his wife has to beg him to pack it. He gets tired of that thing hanging off him. It usually ends up IN his backpack or in a gear bag on the raft. And he's not a wimpy guy.

No matter what any guy says, they are bigger/heavier than a lot of other guns that will poke a hole clean through a grizzly or whatever else you want to shoot. If a guy is gonna pack a pistol all day for several days there are better options. At some point that X-Frame is gonna get left behind.

Back to the original poster. Keep your 45 Colt and get a 500L built! I've currently got a 500L build with Gallagher, own a 45Colt and a 454 Redhawks and am already thinking about how I'm gonna swing my next custom. Maybe a Linebaugh built 5 shot 45 Colt with one of his brass Bisley grip frames.

Last edited by Snyd; 11/24/2014 9:41 PM.