using the Hornady v-max 30 gr. bullets my single six is shooting well over 1700 f.p.s. and that is with a 5 1/2 inch barrel.I haven't shot any coyotes yet with it but my own thinking was 50 yards or less should do the trick.Greg, I used my 22-250 on groundhogs for years and that baby would stop em in their tracks until one day I shot a 15-20lbs. boar and he trembled right where I busted him for about 10 seconds and then took off running towards another hole 90 yards away and made it in the hole,...to say I was bewildered/amazed is a better word,...but anyway,all the way down to the 90 yard hole ,pieces of that critter littered the field but somehow he made it there ,...that's the only time I ever had that happen in all the years using that round,...they always dropped in their tracks until this one.The shot was only 35 yards ,my handloads shooting 50 gr. speer bullets just under 3900 f.p.s.-I'm still amazed to this day just thinking about that critter-I'm sure he died in the hole from all the havoc I seen on the ground leading into that hole,but I'm still amazed he even moved from the spot I shot him!-johnw.

H.H.I.#8190 Colossians 1:17 And He is before all things,and by Him all things consist!