I originally went to visit my friends in Tioga, Pennsylvania for a post Christmas/pre New Years party when I looked over some of the boar that were there and just happened to have sighted in my S&W model 29 with a new 8 3/8" barrel with a 300gr XTP bullet over a stiff charge of H-110 at a 30yd target. There was a fresh cover of snow so it was no problem to spot this big guy running with a smaller boar. This critter was pushing 350lb. He was big.... Three different times I sat down to rest the gun on my knees for a shot and he would move out of range. The fourth time he stepped out of the trees into a open field with the sun in his face that gave me a chance to sit behind a blowdown, place my leather sand bag and rest my S&W 44. The first 300 grainer hit with a high lung shot and then he hobbled to 25yds with the 2nd shot knocking him over. I stand 6'2" and you can see him hanging from a loading bucket because he was to long for the meat rack. Can`t think of a better way to warm up on a cold winter morning....

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"