I prefer open sights but they aren't always practical where I'm at. In irons I shoot a BH in 45LC which hasn't killed yet and I shoot a SBH which I took a spike deer with this year. Hands down my personal custom 454 I built several years ago is my favorite. It has a Millet red dot on it and has taken a deer every year since I built it except this past season when I decided to use my lowly 44 mag with irons. It has also taken one elk, total deer with it would be 6 blacktails. We are only allowed one deer a year here. My other favorite but is still a virgin is my 500 Linebaugh I also built several years ago. Just haven't needed a 435gr CP running 1300fps for anything. Bullets I generally stick with jacketed with the exception of the 500. I shoot 240gr XTP's in my 44, 250gr XTP's in my 45 and the 454 I run either 240gr XTP Mag's or 300gr Partitions. I'm primarily running Partitions now that I've found a reliable source for them.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist