Originally Posted By: mike.44
Take the big boy. The ROA project sounds neat too.....I also have one.

I let you know how it goes with OA, I have had Mountain Moulds make be two so far. One 250gr and one 230. I am working on getting the 230 to 900fps consistently using traditional black powder. I just about have it. That will put it in the same class as standard pressure 45LC loads which are plenty for deer. The difference though is I'm using a lead mix that will act more like a traditional hard cast and give the penetration and bone breaking performance above that of 100% lead bullets normally used. The trick is to mic all of your chambers and make sure they are all the same size. Mine were all within .0005 of each other at .4525-.4530. I also slugged the barrel which came out at .4520 so I went with a LEE .452 sizing die. This combination gives me a bullet with a good seal in both the chamber and barrel. I have had no problems with bullet jump at all. I'll start another post with pics when I get a chance but the bullets have one lube groove, I use a black powder specific lube and it has a meplat that is 80% of the bullet diameter. I'm actually going to do some work tomorrow with the 250gr so maybe I'll get some pics. I also just finished a cool project with a Trapper 50 cal that I am going to be working with.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist