I have a new entry now. While I was down with this last back surgery I decided to take on a project. I decided the Trapper pistol with the spur on the grip would be a good candidate to push. The problem is max suggested load is only 40gr of black powder and they have had problems with stocks splitting when pushed. I decided to buy the kit to make some alterations. When I got the kit I did a dry assembly and sure enough the barrel channel was way to tight and would spread the stock when installed. I opened the channel up until the barrel was loose in the stock and then I glass bedded the barrel and tang. I also opened up the standard European dove tails and installed a full Buckhorn rear sight and a green Hi Viz front sight. So far at 50yds it is a tack driver. The next test was to see if it would break or hold. I started with 35gr of FFF KIK black powder, next was 70gr. Both loads were modest with the first being like a 38 special and the second between a 357 and 44. The last was max I would use. I packed it with 90gr of the same KIK powder which is a bit hotter than GOEX, in fact it's the hottest on the market and is manufactured in The Ukraine. The recoil was something to take notice of and I won't do that again without shooting gloves as I am missing a large piece of flesh from the tange I thought would protect me but the 385gr Hornady Great Plains bullet crossed the chronograph (which about 20 ft out to keep the smoke from causing issues)at 977fps. This puts it in the running too as there are no signs of stress on the gun. I will need to do some more shooting but I have until the first of May to work with it. I'm still leaning toward the 500 but it does make for an interesting scenario with my Custom Traditions Trapper.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist