So, there I was.........minding my own business.........dreaming of a new .45 Colt...........and some JackWagon of a friend blindsided me with his Jedi Mind Trick and dropped a link on my phone to this little beast I had to have. As soon as I saw it........I immediately thought of another friend and a gun he owned.

I loved this gun from the moment he had her built. So, when the link this unnamed enabler sent reminded me of my friend Dan and his gun here above, I had to have one similar!!! With slight differences..........of course.

Say hello to my little friend.

Ruger Super Redhawk - "Toklat" - .454 Casull

I wanted to mimic Dan's gun as much as feasible, so I did some scope swapping and put this 2x Leupold on top.

It's not silver, but good enough.

I will also be adding a set of Eagle Classic Rosewood Grips.

I will flat out say............I LOVE THIS GUN!!! Talk about handy! It smokes my 7.5" Super Redhawk as far as indexing and offhand work. I think I've found my new backup hunting rig for those close shots. I've ordered a Blackhawk Shoulder Holster for it. A utilitarian holster no doubt, but one that will do what I need.

My plan is to load and run Hornady 250gr XTP bullets through her. Same ones I'm using in my Encore .460 S&W. Should work well on deer and hogs.

Likely will start load work at 35.0gr H110 and run up to 36.5gr H110. See where the brass says "stop". Any load suggestions?

Last edited by Zee; 03/24/2015 4:02 AM.

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith