Whit,

Exactly why I posted my experiences of the FA as not being too tight for some amount of neglect. It's not hard to find thoughts from folks in print or the web who think that tightly toleranced guns only have a limited range of acceptable use, as to risk.

I do not have a 475L, nor have I ever fired or reloaded for one, so I will defer to your breadth of experience. I have done some pretty "silly" stuff with 454 Casulls and Ruger plus levels in 45 Colts, with a slew of different bullet types. I have never had a round slip, and tie up a gun. No doubt it happens, but I tend to lean towards letting my ability to reload properly trump decisions to buy guns that are more forgiving to reloading errors.

It's funny, I am actually going through this right now with 45 Colt SAA loads that are at the upper end of pressure for the platform. Experimenting with taper crimps and plated bullets, for plinking loads. With my selection of components and pressure, I have been seeing about 5-10 thou of pull on the last cartridge in the cylinder.

Dunno, maybe rather than call it a critical flaw, perhaps a design consideration might be a better term ;^)

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred