Hey Gregg, that's a "rest of the story" kind of post. I did not know you owned Glocks ;^) Seriously, I am not sure whether it has just been luck or what, but in 30 years of firearms ownership I have only really had 2 hadguns actually break from shooting, or go click instead of bang (other then when doing gunsmith/mods/checks). My FA did break both the trigger return and bolt spring, and a Colt had a firing pin come lose in the hammer. I think my FA problems were from me going from the loading hammer position straight to hammer down, without going through the full cocking cycle. The Colt was from dry firing without snap caps (New Frontier). I think both were my fault.

Whitt, I tried to think of any revolvers that I have had that had pull issues, and finally thought of one. A Taurus Titanium Tracker in 45 Colt finally came back to my brain. That gun never tied up due to pull, but the bullets pulled like crazy. If the cylinders had been short, it most certainly would have tied up. And with my FA 454, in the thousands of rounds through my gun, I bet fewer than 75 have been factory loads. Looks like my breadth of experience is a little narrow there.

I have only fired one round in the direction of critter that was capable of doing me harm, certainly not like you and others who have stared down some really big and bad beasts. But I do carry my hunting firearms, including my FA 454, as possible self defense arms against the bad critters we have in the woods around here, both two and four legged. I hope I am not being naive, but the thought of a misfire does not concern me at all.

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred