Odin,

I'll provide a different perspective and one that has directed me in my purchases.

Disclaimer - I have not owned nor shot a BFR, but having a "couple" FA's blossom into the double digits (gulp), I have a fair knowledge of their platforms and product line
\:\)

Fit, finish and accuracy are outstanding. And none of them are safe queens. No, I haven't sold any of my Smiths, DWs, or Rugers, but when it comes to grabbing the most accurate wheelguns in my safe, across the board, they wear the stamp from Wyoming. And despite giving all a heavy dose of NC and SC swamp mud and humidity, plus the yearly Texas grit and grime, no failures. Now if you're a Gunbroker junky like me, you've probably noticed that the used FA market has been creeping steadily north in price over the last few years. So, even when I am on a self-imposed spending freeze, if I find a good deal on a used FA, I buy it. The appreciation on the used guns has been fairly substantial, and I would venture to guess that if you buy right, you'll get your money back out of it and perhaps then some, if or when you decide to sell. The mods on the BFR (or any customization of any factory gun for that matter), less so...but, as my current "inventory" suggests, I'm not in selling phase
;\)

But all in all, you're in a good position. Your choices are 2 of the most accurate big bore hammers out there. Sounds like you can't lose either way