Is there a different organization that has record books for big game animals taken with a handgun? One of the big items left on my bucket list is to get my name in the books. I don't care what big game animal it is with. I don't have a preference, I just want to be in the books. I could be the last entry for all I care, but I want to be in the books.

Since I started hunting with a handgun a few years ago, I have only been using handguns, and nothing else. I'm wondering if there is a different organization, or set of books, that pertains strictly to handguns? Or are we thrown in with the B&C scores? If there is a different organization, what is it, and how does it work? Are there limits to what qualifies as a "handgun"? Do I have to be a member first, or do I just contact them when I have taken something that qualifies?

I thought I had read a thread similar to this somewhere some time ago, but can't find it. Sorry if this is a repeat, or in the wrong discussion category.

Last edited by raptortrapper; 05/06/2015 4:03 PM.

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.