A comparison I would use is compound bow vs. traditional setup, where the T/C's are compounds and revolvers are recurve/longbows. One setup will get you a bit more range and accuracy while the other might require you to get closer to your target. But in the end, they're both bow hunting.

That's not to say I disagree with you. When I think of handgun hunting, the first image that pops into my head is someone with a revolver, not a bottleneck cartridge chambered T/C or SP. In my opinion, one of the greatest challenges in hunting is to take a game animal with an open sighted revolver.

At the same time, though, I'll never look down upon someone who uses a bottleneck cartridge chambered T/C. They're not exactly that easy to shoot, either, and still require a lot of practice to become proficient with. Not to mention having to create a load that works well in 15" of barrel or less. Having a scoped T/C allows me to hunt in ways I might not easily be able to with just a revolver. For example, there's no way I'm going to hunt coyotes with just my open sighted 460 unless I'm hunting with someone using a rifle who can shoot them pretty far off, but I'm fine with going alone with my 243 Encore in case one of them hangs up on the distance.

Formerly TN Lone Wolf

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling