Man, I learned a lot today about my 460. For this upcoming season, I have zeroed my Encore Pro Hunter 460 S&W at 3" high at 100 yards. Puts me right in there at 200 yards, and even 250 yards is doable. Past that is beyond my limits.... or so I thought!!!

I was at the range today with 2 guys, and started taking shots at a gong that is the size of a kill shot area on a deer. I hit it 7 out of 10 shots!!! I had to get the drop figured out, but after discovering I had to aim about 18" high, I was hitting the gong on a consistent basis!

My confidence went through the roof! I will be going again tomorrow, and hopefully a few more times this next week. I'll be concentrating on 300 yard groups, and see what we get. Our hunting season for elk starts September 1st, and I can't wait!!! If nothing else, practicing at 300 will make 200 seem like a walk in the park!

To be serious beyond this distance, it is obvious I will have to have some sort of mil dot scope. All I have now is the normal duplex, and have to estimate hold-over. With the proper optics, I think this gun still has something left in it!

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.