Thanks a lot guys. I'm pretty proud of this one, and very excited to get it going. It will most likely be my go-to gun from here on out.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Brute Squad. But the 45 Colt has been my favorite caliber for some time now. After I bought my first revolver, a 460 Smith and Wesson, I "discovered" the 45 Colt. Then while reading Max's book, I came across the chapter talking about the 45 Colt. That chapter REALLY got my interest going. I started researching it even more, and because of my hunting situations, I have fallen in love with it. It is absolutely perfect for the type of hunting I do.

The Brute Squad will be my bear, elk, moose gun. But this 45 Colt will be my go-to gun for about everything else bigger than a jackrabbit.

That brings me to my next custom. Gonna do a 327 Federal when I can find another donor frame. Just something about the Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter frame that I really like. I know its overkill for 327 Federal, but I figure that way, all my guns will feel very close to the same, and the only difference will be the caliber. I'll have small game covered with the 327 Federal. Coyote / deer / hog sized game with the 45 Colt. Anything larger will be the 500JRH. Anything past 100 yards will be the scoped 460 on the TC pro hunter frame.

That's my CURRENT plan anyway. See how long it lasts....

Last edited by raptortrapper; 09/19/2015 9:19 PM. Reason: spelling

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.