I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to Ruger, Whit, Jason, and everyone else that made the 5 shot 480 happen!!

I just got mine and I can say Ruger really did a great job! Grips fit nice, cylinder throats are right on and No forcing cone restriction..Can find no flaws and the metal to metal is superb...and it shoots better than me.

Loaded her up with some 280gr Cutting Edge Raptors and headed to the range. I started at 125 yards with some hotter loads at 1380fps, but I was not man enough to control the vertical with this load at that distance. So I got out my lighter 1206fps loads and moved into 75 yards....The first Raptor went a little high, but a couple clicks down on my sight sent the next 4 solid copper beauties into a nice little cluster. For reference...the black is a little square of Duck tape. I think the group could be better with some load work...but my eyes can't see much better than that at 75yrds.

I'm really liking my new revolver and I can say she is a keeper!!!

I finished the session off with some offhand work at 20yard with some of my 430grLBT at 1080fps...This was a fun offhand load and was really easy to shoot well out of the big Ruger

Mister, why do you carry a 45? "Because Sam Colt don't make a 46."