I was fortunate enough to take a nice Russian Boar this past weekend at Wilderness Hunting Lodge in TN.

It rained all weekend and we were seeing a few hogs, but no Russians of any size. We did jump several large feral hogs. Found a feeding area late on Friday afternoon and decided to slip in before daylight the next morning. Saturday morning was overcast and raining and we spotted movement as we were heading to the location. A quick look through binoculars confirmed the hogs had decided to feed during the night. I slipped a little closer and waiting for daylight to get a better evaluation of the hogs. A group of about ten hogs with one standing shoulders above the rest. The biggest hog was getting nervous and left the group and ran to my right about 30 yards. I thought he was leaving, but he turned and started back toward the group. He stopped broadside at 20 yards long enough for me to evaluate his size and get off a decent shot. He ran back past the group of hogs and stopped. He never made a sound and showed no signs of being hit. I was lining up for a second shot when he squealed and fell over and started kicking.

Custom revolver chambered in 510 GNR shooting a 385 grain FNGC @ 1175 fps. The bullet entered low on the left shoulder, cut the top of the heart and exited below the right shoulder.

NRA Life Member
HHI Member
VHA Member

"get busy living, or get busy dying"