This tangent conversation kinda reminds me of another. Dude on another forum once said that .38Spl brass was weak and shouldn't be loaded to higher pressures. Not even +P. Now, I'm not one that keeps very good records of such things, so I never really know how many firings my cases have seen. So I took some once-fired Winchester .38Spl (not +P) cases and loaded them over and over again with Keith's .38-44 load to see how many it would take to start seeing issues. I shot them in a Ruger Old Model .357 Blackhawk. I gave up after 24 firings and put the cases back into circulation. The point being that there are a lot of myths and legends that folks take as gospel without ever having questioned it, let alone tested to prove them right or wrong. The myth about weak .45Colt cases is a good example. The fact that someone would interject such a strong uninformed and inexperienced opinion is bad enough. Not changing their tune and remaining defensive when confronted with the tested and proven truth is truly baffling but not at all surprising.

Originally Posted By: raptortrapper
Oh! Hey Craig!! If ya end up getting that crappy ruger for the $100 bucks you offered, I'll buy it off ya for $150.

Ha ha, in your dreams! I'm gonna start a home for wayward $100 .45 Blackhawks to make them into lamp stands and paint pink flowers on them, because apparently that's all they're good for.

Originally Posted By: s4s4u
You can either take the opportunity to learn something or you can puff up like a bullfrog and act like I spit on your dog.

I guess we kinda got our answer on that one.
;\)

Originally Posted By: sixshot
...but when you go to heavy weight bullets the 45, in good brass & in a Ruger easily out performs it.

Well, not really. They stay within 100fps of each other. With the edge usually going to the .44Mag.

Originally Posted By: sixshot
The Winchester & Remington cases with the crimped case work fine for these loads & even last quite a while with somewhat higher pressures.

I'm leery of the crimped cases after having them separate at the cannelure on the first reload.