Yes it is. 100 grs Blackhorn 209, with the BH 209 Breech Plug. Using the generic T/C green sabots for .44 cal bullets, and 240 gr XTP's. We are shooting at 100 yds, outdoors from a bench. Using CCI 209 primers.

We are going to try and tighten up the groups by moving to .45 cal bullets, with the black sabots, and trying Fiocchi 209 primers. From much studying it seems some are shooting these CVA's sub MOA using these primers, 110 grs BH 209, and Barnes T-EZ 250's and 290's. My Optima rifle did not shoot that great for me. About 2" groups was the best I could do.

From my studies I learned a few things:
1) Most 209 primers are too hot. They will make the load jump some before complete ignition. The Fiocchi's don't.

2) The .44's can give erratic groups because the plastic sabot is thicker and don't engage the rifling as well, or consistently.

I have my stuff on order and hopefully will get to go to the range again before Muzzleloader starts. I plan on trying the Fiocchi primers, 110 gr BH 209, 250 gr Barnes T-EZ bullets, Generic black sabots with both 255 gr XTP's and 265 gr 265 gr WFNGC Grizzly or Beartooth bullets(forget which I have.

Redhawk, I will try to copy and paste the links for you to read what I found on this if you want me to. Some of the info came from a guy who sights-in CVA muzzleloaders for clients as part of his living. Seems he has shot 1" groups at 200 yds, and almost 1/2" groups at 100 yds using stock CVA mid level rifles.

Last edited by mike.44; 10/08/2015 3:09 AM. Reason: add