Originally Posted By: Whitworth
Same size differential between the .45s and .475s and no one denies it as a step up, so why put the .44 and .45 in the same category? Just curious.

Exactly Whit. But think of it in the 480 category just to keep the case lengths the same for the purposes of capacity. PHYSICS DOES NOT CHANGE, since we want to discuss that everything has changed. That is one thing I'm pretty certain of. It will always be easier for us to push a wider projectile of the same weight at the same or more velocity due to pressures, expansion ratios etc. No different that trying to run a 220 grain bullet in a 30-06 versus doing the same in the 35 Whelen. Same exact case but the Whelen will run that weight bullet a good 200 fps more than the 06. I just don't see what there is to argue about but we know there are some folks that will argue with a rock if they think its listening and they can prove to that rock how "smart" they are.

Cool button on the member profiles on this site in case you need it. click on the profile and hit the "ignore this user" button. Freaking Wonderful invention and will take a lot of the headache out of reading through posts! I just used it, super cool, helps immensely with the internet experts!

"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt"