Last weekend I spent half a day shooting all my revolvers verifying zero, making sure everything was still working properly, trying different loads, firing from field positions, and just general practice; getting ready for deer season. Everything was going as good as it could till I got out my last revolver; Reeder 475 Linebaugh. I'd worked up progressively through the caliber's, starting with 357 and finishing up with the 475.

I shot a few cylinders full of 325 xtp's over a max dose of H110; making sure my red dot was still holding up. I then filled the cylinder with the loads I'll be hunting with: 385 gr Miha cast hollow point over 14.5 gr of HS6. These loads are clocking around 1200 fps.

Now to the trivia..... Once I started shoot the cast loads, my impacts were erratic and with closer inspection, were keyhole'n at 50 yards. Just to let you know, I figured out why, but have never experienced or heard of the reason before. It was a quick fix and things were back to what they were supposed to be.

I would like to here your theories/solutions of what you think it could have been. If no one figures out what it was, I'll give my findings.