I have another buddy that wants to get into handgun hunting for next year. However, here in Colorado, we have to have a minimum of 550fpe at 50 yards to be legal. He might get a Colt Python that he wants to hunt with. He wants to shoot the 140gr leverevolution ammo through it for deer. Does anyone have the ACTUAL numbers on this ammo out of a 6" barrel? I need real velocity numbers, not "should be...." type of numbers.

The box gives info for an 18" rifle barrel, so it does us no good. Need to know the numbers out of a 6" barrel to find out if this ammo would be legal for him or not.

He has access to several boxes of it for a GREAT price if it works, so need to know for sure before buying it. So no speculation please. If it doesn't work, I told him about buffalo bore, and double tap, but this stuff would be a lot more expensive.

Yes, I told him about reloading, and he plans to do this, but right now, funds don't allow the purchase of the dillon press and all the components.

I'm hoping one of you has "been there and done that", and can give real numbers. I need the velocity you got, and from there, I can do the equation for the actual fpe.

Last edited by raptortrapper; 10/30/2015 3:14 AM.

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.