The rain came down and I was cold and wet. I didn't get an autopsy of the black boar. As much as it pains me and pisses me off............I threw in the towel. My phone was wet......my camera was wet........and I was wet. Before it turned into an expensive endeavor and cost me an electronic...........I quit.

So, I will give a shot placement analysis.

Turns out, the rancher DID shoot the pig in the head on the first shot. His bullet struck the top of the pigs head, dug a 1" deep groove through the hide and continued on it's way into the wild blue yonder. Resulting in nothing but a reversed Mohawk on top of his nogg'n.

When the pig took off running and I shot, my bullet passed through the base of his right ear and entered his neck at the back of the skull and above his spine. This caused him to do the nose dive , flip, and reverse directions.

1 of the ranchers next two shots hit the boar in the guts as he ran back to the left and the other put a hole in his butt cheek before he entered the brush.

My follow up shot entered the boars spine about mid back and angled downward into the vitals.

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith